In floral language, Sakura, the national flower of Japan, means “accomplishment” and “beauty of heart”.
Some time in the heat of the summer of '19, we played hooky from our normal day-to-day work tasks and ventured to the other side of the river on a little treasure hunt in search of some special textiles. We rummaged through a countless number of rolls, piles and bolts of fabric and set aside those that called out to us. Some whispered, some shouted. We are excited to introduce our limited collection of textile and leather guitar straps.
FEATURES OF THIS LEATHER GUITAR STRAP:
Width: Available in 2" width
• Strap adjusts from 39" - 54" (See our Instragram post for Tongue Tying Tricks)
• For a long guitar strap (adjusts from 54" - 63"), add optional Jumbo Tongue (sold separately).
Top Leather: Whiskey Brown (rugged full-grain leather)
Bottom Leather: Deer Chocolate (soft full-grain leather)
Full Grain Leather All Anthology leather guitar and bass straps are hand-made with the absolute finest quality full-grain leathers in the world. Our leathers are chosen for their ability to fully distribute the weight of the guitar across the strap, for a more comfortable playing experience on those long gigs.
To top it off, our leather burnishes and beautifies with use. All of our leather guitar straps have their natural marks, scrapes and scars, which means they have loads of raw, rugged personality.
Padded for Comfort Our leather guitar straps are not only great looking, they're also super-comfortable. Between two layers of full-grain leather, we use a high-density, premium padding to maximize comfort without sacrificing strength. We give the guitarist the best of both worlds, a streamlined padded guitar strap. Comfortable and durable with style!
Industrial Grade Thread Even better, we use only the strongest industrial grade threads, the same threads used to make parachutes and airbags. That's strength you can trust.
Satisfaction Guaranteed All leather pieces offered by Anthology are protected by a 30-day full satisfaction promise from the date of delivery, which guarantees a full refund as long as the product is returned in new and unused condition. All leather pieces have a 25 year warranty against all defects in materials and workmanship.
If you’re buying as a gift and don’t have access to measure the current strap, or you just can’t wait until you get home to take the measurement, there are several factors to consider:
The main functional issue with respect to buying a guitar strap online is getting the length right. Our straps are measured from attachment hole to hole. The best way to determine your ideal length, or that of the musician you’re buying for, is to measure the previous strap. If you don’t have a strap to reference for whatever reason, we’ve assembled some general guidelines for length (supplemented with this friendly disclaimer: if you find our standard strap is too short, you can always add a jumbo tongue).
Elements to consider:
1. Player height and weight:
• In general, players who are 6’ and under, and average weight, should be fine with a standard length strap.
• Players over 6’, or with more weight, could use a jumbo tongue.
2. Electric or acoustic:
• Because acoustic guitar bodies are deeper, guitar players 5’10” and over will likely prefer a strap with the jumbo tongue.
3. Placement of attachment pegs:
• The strap attachment peg on the guitar can be in a couple of places. On some guitars the peg is at the top of the bout; on others, it’s placed where the guitar neck meets the body of the guitar. In the case of the latter, a few more inches will be needed, and a jumbo tongue might be the way to go.
4. How low or high the player holds their guitar:
• If the player is a rocker, with their guitar a bit below the waist, a jumbo tongue might be the way to go.
• If the player holds the guitar from the waist up, our standard length strap should do the trick.