We thought it would be fun to get to know a little bit more about our Anthology Artists so we've asked them to participate in a Q&A. Here's the "Quick Six" with Anthology Artist Laurie Shook of the The Shook Twins:
1. First concert you attended?
Our first concert was New Kids on the Block at the university in Pullman, WA! Mom surprised us with tickets for Christmas.
2. How old were you when you started playing the guitar?
We started playing guitar as we graduated high school. Then I [Laurie] picked up the banjo when I was 22. Just started plucking away and YouTubing how to play songs and chords.
3. Venue you would love to play at (or a dream venue that you have already played at)?
I would love to play Red Rocks again! That was a dream!
4. Artist or song you are into most right now?
Really digging the new Lucius and Laura Veirs albums.
5. Do you have any pre-show rituals or superstitions?
We like to do a good swirl with the team before we hit the stage. Ya know, just spiral your hands together and then simply shoot joy into the sky.
6. Who has inspired you most as a musician?
I really admire Lizzo. How bad ass and talented she is and how she's really challenging the body image brain wash we've been experiencing for far too long!
Follow The Shook Twins on Instagram @shooktwins