The Way It Is.
There’s a thread you follow. It goes among things that change. But it doesn’t change. People wonder about what you are pursuing. You have to explain about the thread. But it is hard for others to see. While you hold it you can’t get lost. Tragedies happen; people get hurt or die; and you suffer and get old. Nothing you do can stop time’s unfolding. You don’t ever let go of the thread.
- William Stafford
When we purchased Anthology Gear in December of 2017, we were definitely changing course from the path we had been on for quite some time. But, as we hold on tight to this thread and head in this new direction, nothing has felt more right. El Camino pays tribute to the path we are destined to follow in life.
FEATURES OF THIS LEATHER GUITAR STRAP WITH STRIPED COTTON FABRIC:
Width: Available in 2" and 3" width
• Strap adjusts from 39" - 54" (See our Instragram post for Tongue Tying Tricks)
• For a long guitar strap (adjusts from 54" - 63"), add optional Jumbo Tongue (sold separately).
Top Leather: Whiskey Brown (rugged full-grain leather)
Bottom Leather: Deer Chocolate (soft full-grain leather)
All Anthology leather guitar and bass straps are hand-made with the absolute finest quality full-grain leathers in the world. Our leathers are chosen for their ability to fully distribute the weight of the guitar across the strap, for a more comfortable playing experience on those long gigs.
Our leather guitar straps are not only great looking, they're also super-comfortable. Between a top layer of rugged full-grain leather and striped cotton fabric, and a bottom layer of ultra-soft full-grain leather, we use a high-density, premium padding, to maximize comfort without sacrificing strength. We give the guitarist the best of both worlds, a streamlined padded guitar strap. Comfortable and durable with style!
Even better, we use only the strongest industrial grade threads, the same threads used to make parachutes and airbags. That's strength you can trust.
To top it off, our leather burnishes and beautifies with use. All of our leather guitar straps have their natural marks, scrapes and scars, which means they have loads of raw, rugged personality.
El Camino is offered in both 2" and 3" widths. We offer a 2" width for those looking for a more streamlined look. If you're looking for the most comfortable strap, we recommend the 3" width. The 3" does more work to distribute the weight of the guitar.
If you’re buying as a gift and don’t have access to measure the current strap, or you just can’t wait until you get home to take the measurement, there are several factors to consider:
The main functional issue with respect to buying a guitar strap online is getting the length right. Our straps are measured from attachment hole to hole. The best way to determine your ideal length, or that of the musician you’re buying for, is to measure the previous strap. If you don’t have a strap to reference for whatever reason, we’ve assembled some general guidelines for length (supplemented with this friendly disclaimer: if you find our standard strap is too short, you can always add a jumbo tongue).
Elements to consider:
1. Player height and weight:
• In general, players who are 6’ and under, and average weight, should be fine with a standard length strap.
• Players over 6’, or with more weight, could use a jumbo tongue.
2. Electric or acoustic:
• Because acoustic guitar bodies are deeper, guitar players 5’10” and over will likely prefer a strap with the jumbo tongue.
3. Placement of attachment pegs:
• The strap attachment peg on the guitar can be in a couple of places. On some guitars the peg is at the top of the bout; on others, it’s placed where the guitar neck meets the body of the guitar. In the case of the latter, a few more inches will be needed, and a jumbo tongue might be the way to go.
4. How low or high the player holds their guitar:
• If the player is a rocker, with their guitar a bit below the waist, a jumbo tongue might be the way to go.
• If the player holds the guitar from the waist up, our standard length strap should do the trick.